The cigar punch is the most basic of cigar cutting tools. Made up of a cylindrical cutting tube with a sharpened end, the cigar punch creates a clean, uniform circular opening in the head of the cigar for smoking.
To ensure a proper cut with a cigar punch, just follow these simple instructions:
1. Open the punch revealing the cutting portion of the tool.
2. Align the punches cutting edge with the center of the cigar’s head. (Note: cigar punches should not be used on pointed head cigars.)
3. With a slight twisting motion, press the cigar punch into and through the cigar’s wrapper.
4. With continued pressure, push the cigar punch into the cigar up to the collar of the punch.
5. While continuing to twist the punch, pull back on the tool to remove the cut portion of the cap.
6. Replace the cigar punches cover releasing the cut piece of wrapper and covering the cutting blade for safety and protection.
Now all that’s left is to light up and enjoy!